Monday, September 22, 2014

Update ~ Chapter Seventy Four

Caught in the Flames on FicPad

Caught in the Flames on AO3

Caught in the Flames on TWCS

Caught in the Flames on FFn



Peeking out the side window, I saw a shoulder with a bag resting on it. Frowning, I unlocked the door and wrenched it open. Standing on my stoop was someone that I did not expect until at least Wednesday. “Dad?”

“Bella,” he said, smiling. His mustache twitched nervously as he shifted his bag from one shoulder to the next. “Surprise!”

“Come in,” I squeaked out, moving back, bumping directly into my still sleepy boyfriend. “Sorry, Edward.”

“It’s okay,” he replied tightly, his eyes narrowed on my father.

“I thought you were coming on Wednesday,” I sputtered out, taking my dad’s luggage and putting in the living room.

“I managed to get some more time off and I switched my flights,” Charlie answered, his face flushed and his eyes appraising my home nervously. “Bells, I haven’t seen you in years. I couldn’t wait any longer.” Charlie looked at Edward, his brows furrowing. “Am I interrupting?”

“No! We were just watching a movie,” I answered. “Charlie Swan, this is my boyfriend, Edward Cullen. Edward, my Dad, Charlie.”

“Nice to meet you,” Edward said, extending his injured hand.

“What happened to your hand, son?” Charlie asked as he gingerly shook it.

“I’m a member of the Chicago Fire Department, Rescue Squad, and I cut my hand on a boat propeller,” Edward answered, clenching his fist.

“Firefighter?” Charlie said, his voice wistful. “How long?”

“Since I graduated from college. Roughly six years,” Edward replied. “It’s a grueling job, but I love it.” Charlie beamed, obviously experiencing a bit of hero worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment