Sunday, October 5, 2014

Caught in the Flames Update

Caught in the Flames on FicPad

Caught in the Flames on AO3

Caught in the Flames on TWCS

Caught in the Flames on FFn

Parking in Bella’s garage, I let myself in through the back. Charlie was sitting at the kitchen table, reading the paper. “Hey, how did it go?” I asked, putting Bella’s presents on the counter.

“We had a great time! Thanks for the tip on where to take her. The food was amazing at the Signature Room,” Charlie grinned. “If it were up to me, I would have found a tavern, but my baby girl deserves the best. I had twenty-seven birthdays to make up for.” His grin fell and his eyes watered.

“Charlie, you know that’s not your fault,” I said, sitting down next to him.

“No, it is, but it’s something that I need to get over,” he sighed. “I should have fought harder for her, Edward. Renee…”

“Is a manipulative bitch who has no feelings toward her daughter,” I finished for him. “I’ve met her. I know.”

“Well, I’m going to shower,” Charlie mumbled, his shoulders slumped. “Emmett and Jacob are 
taking me to a Sox game while you and Bella celebrate her birthday together.”

“Psssh, the Sox,” I scoffed. “You should go to the friendly confines…Wrigley Field!”

“You can take me the next time I’m in town,” Charlie replied, his voice still sad and upset. “Have fun with my baby girl, Edward. I’ll see you when I get back!”


No comments:

Post a Comment