Thursday, July 30, 2015

Caught in the Flames Teaser

I leaned against the door jamb for about five minutes before I cleared my throat. “You know, I just did an entire strip tease and you guys didn’t even blink,” I deadpanned.

“No, you didn’t,” Bella said, taking off her glasses. “Peter didn’t scream like a girl. He’d be blinded by your pastiness.”

“I don’t want to see the pastiness. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO pastiness,” Peter said, his nose wrinkled.

“I’m not that pasty and you love my pastiness,” I huffed.

“I do, but Peter doesn’t appreciate your pale, skinny ass like I do,” Bella smirked, getting up and from her seat. Her arms slid up mine before threading into my hair. With a gentle tug, she kissed me. 
“Hi, baby. I missed you.”

“I missed you, too,” I whispered back, brushing my lips with hers.

“Ugh! You two are disgusting,” Peter said, saving his work and shutting down his computer. “How is it that you are married for ten years and you’re still all lovey dovey? I’ve been married for seven years and that shit went away after the first week.”

“That’s because Charlotte realized that you’re noxious, Peter,” Bella quipped. “Your ass should be labeled as a hazardous waste dump.”

“Don’t be hatin’,” Peter said, waggling his finger. “I have to let the fumes go because if they stayed inside it would squash my creativity.”

“You are so full of shit, Peter,” Bella laughed.

“No, he isn’t and that’s the problem,” I snickered.

“What? Edward never farted in front of you? Never chucked a deuce?” Peter asked, arching a brow.

“We’re married. We know too much about each other. Hell, he wiped my ass after I had Marie,” Bella said, her own brow arching. “It hurt too much to bend.”

“That’s love, man. You went where no man has gone before,” Peter said, his voice reverent. “Okay, I’m going. I’m hopeful that a good night’s sleep will help us with this damn website. It was supposed to go live two days ago.”

“They should expect delays with the insane additions that they requested last minute,” Bella said. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Probably not. I’ve got an engagement shoot in the morning and then baby shoots in the afternoon,” Peter said. “Call the company about the delay in the website and we can fix it on Monday. Have a good weekend, Bells. Later, Edward.”

“Bye, Peter,” I said as he slipped out the basement door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment