Monday, July 20, 2015

Caught in the Flames Update

CITF Ch. 167 Update on FicPad

CITF Ch. 167 Update on TWCS

CITF Ch. 167 Update on AO3

CITF Ch. 167 Update on FFn

Bella was pleasant enough the rest of the night, but distant. She talked to me, listened with interest when I told her about my classes and how I rocked my Health Care Disparities exam. However, when I went to touch her, she brushed me off. I was confused. We were both cleared to be able to touch each other, more than just fleeting kisses and innocent caresses. I missed being affectionate with my fiancée. Did I do something wrong?

I asked if she was okay, but she smiled, nodding that she was fine. My Bella was not fine. I gave Marie a bath, laughing and playing with my adorable little angel. I faintly heard Bella on the phone. She was in tears, but I couldn’t hear her conversation, nor could I tell who she was talking to. I finished washing Marie and dressed her in a butterfly onesie. Carefully, I carried her to the nursery. Settling into the rocking chair, I slowly moved and studied. I read my human anatomy text book to my daughter in a sing-song voice. It worked for me, helping me remember the intricate systems of the human body and I was able to bond with my precious gift.


I finished my studying, placing Marie into her crib. She whimpered a little bit, but fell back asleep. I carried my book, baby monitor and walked to my bedroom. Bella was curled up in a ball, her face red and puffy. She’s sleeping restlessly, but in obvious distress. I changed into some pajamas, crawling into bed and curling around her. She tensed up when I first touched her but she let out a shuddering sigh, eventually snuggling in my arms. 

The New Clear Waters



No comments:

Post a Comment