Monday, July 13, 2015

Caught in the Flames Update

CITF Ch. 160 on FicPad

CITF Ch. 160 on AO3

CITF Ch. 160 on FFn

CITF Ch. 160 on TWCS 

“So, just because you had a mild case of septicemia, you have to start from scratch?” Molly snorted, teasing me lightly. “Such a slacker, Cullen.”

“I’m not a slacker, Molly,” I grumbled as I slowly walked on the treadmill. I was sweating like a stuffed pig. “I spiked a fever and was admitted to the hospital.” I huffed a few breaths, gripping the edges of the treadmill. “And I don’t know how much I can do today.”

“I know,” Molly said, her eyes softening. “Your doctor sent over a copy of your chart. Five minutes on the treadmill and then some light weight lifting. We need to get your endurance back, Edward.”

I nodded, hating the weakness I felt. I was better than before, but everything that I had gained from before my setback was lost. I wanted to push myself, but I knew I couldn’t. I’d injure myself even more. Molly prattled on while I continued the torture on the treadmill and then moved to the leg lift machine. My physical therapy session lasted for an hour. By the time I was done, I had sweated through my shirt and my legs felt like jelly. Molly had to help me out to my car since I was so feeling so exhausted.

“We’re going to have our work cut out for us, Edward,” she chided. “But, I want you to be able to dance to your heart’s content at your wedding. I know you’re frustrated about the setback. I’m frustrated because you were kicking ass prior to your admittance to the hospital.”

“I have no doubt,” I whispered, leaning against my car. “I’m going to go home, shower and check on my fiancée. She’s doing some work at the office today.”

“Tell her thanks for the muffins.They were delicious! The best muffins I’d ever had,” Molly said, helping me into the car. “I’ll see you in a couple of days.”


“Thanks, Molly,” I said wearily as I started my car, backing out of the spot and driving home to take a nice long shower. I was tempted to take a bath, but I don’t think I could get myself out of the tub. Fuck. 

Edward's Car

No comments:

Post a Comment